Pilgrimage to Puri (4 days and 3 nights)
Puri is one of the holiest places for Hindus and it is located in the Indian state of Odisha (Orissa). Since the ancient times, the land of Puri has always been blessed by the divine presence of illumined saints. Some of the notable saints who lived here are Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Haridas Thakur, Swami Sri Yukteswar, Sri Adi Sankaracharya and great Yogi Sri Totapuri. Some of the vibrant spiritual sites in Puri are the famous Jagannath Temple, Govardhan Peeth, Karar Ahram, Sidha Bakul Math, Advaita Brahma Ashram and other noted ashrams belonging to different sects of Hinduism. The 4 days and 3 nights pilgrimage to Puri is designed keeping in mind the spiritual travellers who want to spend time in meditation at some of the above-mentioned holy places. Like all our pilgrimage tours, the pace of travel of this pilgrimage tour also is unhurried yet engaging. We have emphasized on taking you to the right place of meditation, at the right time of the day, for the overall best experience.
Day OneSiddha Bakul Math
We will receive you at the Bhubaneswar Airport and will drive to Puri (two hour drive) wherein you will check-in at the hotel. Post breakfast/lunch you will have time for rest. Later in the day, we will visit Radhakant Math (also known as Gaura Gambhira), Siddha Bakul Math and the Samadhi Shrine of Haridas Thakur. Radhakant Math is the place where Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu had spent 18 years of his life. Siddha Bakul Math is the place where the Saint Haridas Thakur would spend entire day engrossed in chanting of Lord Jagannath’s name, as suggested to him by Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. The Samadhi Shrine of Saint Haridas thakur is the place where Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu had himself buried the body of Haridas Thakur and had predicted that the place would be revered and visited by devotees in the future. Dinner and overnight stay will be at the hotel.
Day TwoKarar Ashram
We will have breakfast at the hotel and then we will head for Karar Ashram for a meditative time at the Samadhi Shrine of Sri Yukteswar Giri. We will then visit Guru Dham-the ashram of Bhupendranath Sanyal, who was an illumined disciple of Lahiri Mahasaya. We will then proceed to visit Govardhan Peeth- one of the four cardinal institutions established by Sri Adi Shankaracharya. It is also one of the 51 Siddha Peeths of India known for the worship of Goddess Sati, the consort of Lord Shiva. Later in the day, we will visit Advaita Brahma Ashram and Tota Gopinath Temple. Advaita Brahma Ashram houses the Samadhi Shrine of great yogi Totapuri, who was the guru of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa. Saint Totapuri had spent 40 years of his life at this place. Tota Gopinath Temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is associated with the life of Sri Chaitanya. We will then return to hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day ThreeSun Temple in Konark
After breakfast, we will proceed to Konark ( two hour drive) to see the architectural beauty of magnanimous Sun Temple. The second half of the day will be free for you to do shopping or spend time at the seashore. Dinner and overnight stay will be at the hotel.
After breakfast, we will drop you at Bhubaneswar Airport/Railway Station for departure to your desired destination.
For cost information or any other query, you can email us on email@example.com or call us on +91-95007 68635.
puri pilgrimage puri tour swami sri yukteswar karar ashram
puri tour puri pilgrimage swami sri yukteswar
karar ashram puri swami sri yukteswar
There is no fixed-day departure schedule for this pilgrimage. On request, this pilgrimage to Puri can also be conducted at any time of the year.
pilgrimage to puri
pilgrimage to puri
pilgrimage to puri
- It is possible to customize the itinerary of this pilgrimage. Travel cost and duration will vary in such cases from the one mentioned on this page.
- In case you do not have a roommate (and you have booked a place on twin sharing basis), we will try to arrange your accommodation with another single traveller of the same sex. If a roommate cannot be found, or later cancels, you will have to opt for single occupancy.
- Those travelling with children will have to produce relevant document at the time of booking to help us verify the age of the child.
- Only Hindus are allowed inside Jagannath Temple, thus visit to Jagannath Temple is not part of the itinerary. For Hindu Indian travellers, a visit to the temple can be organized.
- Although one can visit Puri at any time of the year, those who want to avoid the sultry summer months can visit this place between the period of September and February when the climatic condition is more kind and comfortable. From December to February, it is winter season in this part of world and so it is necessary to carry warm clothing.
- We request women travellers from the western countries to give thoughtful consideration to the fact that the dress culture is on the conservative side in this part of the world and thus dress accordingly to avoid unwanted attention.
- Taking into consideration the spiritual nature of these places, one may go for and loose-fitting clothes which are more suitable for meditation. Camera cells are readily available at the local shops but there is no harm in carrying spare ones.