Kriya Yogis India Pilgrimage (28 Days and 27 Nights)
Kriya Yogis India Pilgrimage is a pilgrimage of 28 days and 27 nights. The itinerary has been carefully designed keeping in mind, the needs of practitioners of Kriya Yoga who would like to make a pilgrimage to the places associated with the four most important Kriya Gurus namely, Mahavatar Babaji, Sri Lahiri Mahasaya, Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri and Paramahansa Sri Yogananda. The pilgrimage begins and terminates in New Delhi. The tour leaders for this pilgrimage are long-term YSS devotees. They, along with our experienced travel guides, ensure that you have the best travel experience. Following are the places, which we would be covering as part of the pilgrimage. All these places are directly associated with the lives of the above-mentioned Kriya Gurus.
- Yogoda Satsanga Society of India (YSS) Ashram in Noida
- Samadhi Shrine of Lahiri Mahasaya in Haridwar
- YSS Ashram in Dwarahat
- Mahavatar Babaji’s cave in Kukuchina
- Residence of Lahiri Mahasaya in Varanasi
- YSS Ashram in Kolkata
- 4 Garpar Road, residence of Paramahansa Yogananda
- Nagendra Math in Kolkata
- Dakshineshwar Kali Temple in Kolkata
- Smriti Mandir, Ananda Lok, Raj Ghat in Serampore
- Karar Ashram in Puri
- YSS Ashram in Ranchi
In addition to the above-mentioned places, we would also be visiting some other spiritual places of great importance. Those are as follows:
- Ashram of Neem Karoli Baba, Kainchi
- Samadhi Shrine of Anandamayi Ma, Haridwar
- Vashistha Cave, Rishikesh
- Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh
- Trailanga Swami Math, Varanasi
- Sankat Mochan Temple, Varanasi
- Sarnath (near Varanasi)
- Dasaswamedha Ghat, Varanasi
- Belur Math (Ramakrishna Mission) , Kolkata
- Advaita Brahma Ashram, Puri
- Sun Temple, Konark
We will receive you at Delhi International Airport. Your stay will be arranged in YSS Ashram in Noida. The day will be off for rest.
We will visit the magnificent Akshardham Temple which showcases the cultural and spiritual heritage of India through well-conceived cultural exhibitions. We will then visit Gandhi Smriti Museum where the relics of Mahatma Gandhi are on display. It was at this place Mahatma Gandhi was shot dead. For overnight stay, we will return to the ashram.
We will board an early morning train for Kathgodam. Train journey will be of five and half hours. From Kathgodam, we will travel by road to YSS Ashram in Dwarahat. We will reach there by 4 pm in the evening. For the next four days, we will be put up in quaint Himalayan town of Dwarahat.
There will not be any excursions today. You can take ample time to meditate in the ashram, go for long walk, and visit nearby village or market area to acquaint yourself with the lifestyle of local villagers.
Post breakfast, we will head for Kukuchina which is the starting point of trek to Mahavatar Babaji’s cave. From Kukuchina, we will trek to Babaji’s cave. It will take an hour to reach the cave. We will meditate in the cave and then have lunch at Smriti Temple. Smriti Temple is where Babaji materialized the palace for Lahiri Mahasaya. After lunch, we will trek back to Kukuchina and then proceed to Dwarahat. Overnight stay will be in the ashram.
There will not be any excursion. Yet another day where you can completely relax in the ashram, go for bird watching in the nearby woods of pine and deodar trees, or explore the ancient temples of Dwarahat.
After breakfast, we will proceed to Binsar which is a picturesque place located at a height of 2400 meter. It offers panoramic, 180 degree view of the snow clad Himalayan Mountains. We will check-in at a hotel located deep within the wild life sanctuary. Far away from human habitats, this is a place which offers complete seclusion to the seekers. Just to be at this place is a healing and spiritual experience.
Early morning, one can witness the rising of the sun above the horizon from the terrace of the hotel. The play of the sun rays on the peaks of snow-capped mountains is a treat to the eyes. There will not be any excursion today. You can plan your own activities for the day. You can spend time in meditation, bird watching, long walk to the forest, spiritual discussions etc.
After lunch, we will proceed to Kathgodam to board an overnight train to Haridwar. On the way to Kathgodam, we will visit the temple of Kasar Devi. The principal deity of this temple is Goddess Durga. It was this place where Swami Vivekananda had meditated for two weeks.
We will reach Haridwar by 2:30 am in the morning. Our stay will be arranged in a hotel. We will check-in at the hotel and retire to bed to complete our sleep. There will not be any excursions in the first-half of the day. In the evening, we will visit the ashram of Swami Keshabananda which enshrines a portion of Lahiri Mahasaya’s ashes. We will then proceed to ashram of Anandamayi Ma, which houses her Samadhi Shrine. Later, we will witness the Ganga Aarti at Hari-Ki-Pauri. For dinner and overnight stay, we will be back to our hotel.
After breakfast, we will proceed to Rishikesh where we will check-in at a river-side hotel.
Post lunch, we will visit The Divine Life Society Ashram of Swami Sivananda. Ashram houses the Samadhi Shrine of Swamiji and Vishwanatha Temple where Lord Shiva had given darshan to Swamiji. We will then visit Gurudev Kutir which is located opposite the ashram on the banks of holy river Ganges. Swamiji used to live here and had shed his mortal coil in this very house. His personal belongings are on display. After leisure stroll, we will proceed back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
We will proceed to Vasistha Cave which is located on the banks of holy river Ganges, 25 km from Rishikesh. Sage Vasistha along with his wife Arundhati had meditated here over a long period of time. There will not be any excursions in the second-half of the day. You can plan your activities.
We will head for Dehradun Airport from where we will fly to Varanasi via New Delhi. We will reach Varanasi by early evening where we will check-in at the hotel. Overnight stay will be in the hotel.
Sarnath is the place where Lord Buddha had preached his first sermons and had initiated his ascetic companions of the past into monkhood, marking the beginning of the Sangha. We will start the day’s excursion with a visit to Sarnath. Later in the day, we will see the residence of Lahiri Mahasaya (it remains closed for the visitors) and Satyaloka – the ancestral house of the Lahiris. Satyaloka enshrines the ashes of Lahiri Mahasaya and that of his son and grandson. We will then visit Dasaswamedha Ghat to see Ganga Aarti. For dinner and overnight stay, we will return to the hotel.
Day 15Boat ride on Ganges
A boat ride on the holy river Ganges and later a visit to the ashram of Sri Anandamayi Ma and Trailanga Swami Math will bring an end to our Varanasi pilgrimage. We will fly to Bhubaneshwar (via New Delhi) where we will check-in at a hotel for overnight stay.
After breakfast, we will proceed to Puri by road where we will check-in at the hotel. The road travel will take two hours. Later in the day, we will visit the Samadhi Shrine of Totatpuri Maharaj. He was the guru of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa. He had spent last 40 years of his life at this place. We will then return to the hotel.
Day 17Karar Ashram in Puri
Post breakfast, we will visit Karar Ashram of Swami Sri Yukteswar. Ashram houses the Samadhi Shrine of Yukteswarji. After that, we will visit Guru Dham which was the ashram and residence of Sri Bhupendranath Sanyal. He was an illumined disciple of Lahiri Mahasaya. There will not be any excursion in the second-half of the day. This will allow you plenty of time to spend time on the beach.
After check-out from the hotel in the morning, we will proceed to Konark to visit medieval Sun Temple which is an architectural marvel. It will take 90 minutes to reach Konark from Puri. After the visit, we will head for Bhubaneswar Airport from where we will fly to Kolkata. In Kolkata, our accommodation will be arranged in YSS Ashram of Dakshineswar.
Post breakfast, we will visit Dakshineswar Kali Temple. Paramahansa Yoganandaji had divine vision of Goddess Kali inside the temple premises. The living room of Sri Ramakrishna is an excellent place for meditation here. Later in the evening, we will visit Nagendra Math – the house of Levitating Saint and then we will visit 4 Garpar Road residence of Yoganandaji. Overnight stay will be at the ashram.
Day 20Smriti Mandir in Serampore
We will head towards Serampore where Swami Sri Yukteswar would live in his ashram and where Yogananda lived and studied for his college degree. We will explore all the places associated with the Kriya Gurus. The old buildings and village lanes of Serampore remind us of what ancient India was like a century ago and provide a glimpse of the simple and unhurried lifestyle of the villagers then. We will be back in the ashram by evening.
We will visit Belur Math which is the headquarters of Ramakrishna Mission. It houses the Samadhi Shrines of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa, Sri Sarada Dev, Swami Vivekananda and other monastic disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. Later in the day, we will proceed to Kathamrita Bhavan which used to be the residence of Master Mahasaya (Mahendranath Gupta). He was a householder disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa. We will then visit Mother House which enshrines the tomb of Saint Teresa and her living room. For overnight stay, we will then return to the ashram.
Post breakfast, we will fly to Ranchi. In Ranchi, we will check-in at the hotel. In the evening, we will visit YSS Ashram to register for Sharad Sangam and for the evening meditation. For dinner and overnight stay, we will return to the hotel.
Sharad Sangam will commence. Days will be spent in the ashram. Overnight stay will be in the hotel.
Days will be spent in the ashram. Overnight stay will be in the hotel.
This is the last day of Sharad Sangam. After the closing ceremony, you will head to New Delhi from where you can fly to your home country. There will be four days tour of Agra, Mathura and Amritsar, which will be optional. Those who will register for the tour will proceed to Agra on the next day. Those interested, can write to us for the itinerary of the four days tour.
For the one in October-November:
- Rs 175,700 for one person on a twin sharing basis.
Rs 234,000 for one person on a single occupancy basis.
For the one in February:
- Rs 115,000 for one person on a twin sharing basis.
- Rs 141,200 for one person on a single occupancy basis.
To know the travel cost in your national currency, visit the website:
A percentage of the proceeds from Kriya Yogis India Pilgrimage will go to YSS Ashram in Dwarahat. YSS Ashram in Dwarahat runs a school for children which is free of cost. This is a humble initiative from the team of Maitrepa to help fund education for children in the area.
- Cost of transport in air-conditioned vehicles used during the trip.
- Cost of domestic flight tickets and train tickets for the travel specified in the trip itinerary.
- Toll charges and interstate charges for the vehicles.
- Cost of accommodation at standard hotels (3-5 star) in New Delhi, Binsar, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Varanasi, Ranchi and Puri with complimentary breakfast.
- Registration charge for Sharad Sangam in YSS Ashram in Ranchi.
- English speaking tour leader and guide charges.
- Entry fee for museums and monuments.
- Expense for boat ride on the holy river Ganges in Varanasi.
- Service Tax.
- International airfares.
- Cost of lunch, dinner and any other meal/ snacks/ drinks ordered at the hotels/restaurants apart from those mentioned in the inclusions.
- Expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Donation for YSS Ashrams.
- Anything apart from those mentioned in the inclusions.
You can book a place by making an advance payment of Rs 90,000 for a twin sharing accommodation or Rs 147,500 for a single occupancy accommodation. Remaining amount can be paid 60 days before the start of the pilgrimage.
Prices can increase in future. Book early to avail the benefit of current low prices. For booking procedure or any other query, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +91-95007 68635.
- 1st – 19th February 2018
- 1st – 16th September 2018
- October – November 2018 (date will be announced shortly)
- 1st – 16th December 2018
Except for the monsoon season from June to August, this pilgrimage is also organized throughout the year, for a group of minimum 4 persons.
- Kriya Yogis India Pilgrimage is designed for YSS/SRF devotees who have enrolled for the YSS/SRF Lessons and have received the lessons for at least six months. Non-YSS/Non-SRF devotees can also opt for the pilgrimage, but in their case accommodation in Noida, Dwarahat and Kolkata will be arranged in hotels because only devotees from YSS/SRF can stay in YSS Ashrams in India. The travel cost and itinerary will also differ for Non-YSS/Non-SRF devotees.
- The pilgrimage which is scheduled in October/November, is especially designed to coincide with the dates of annual Sharad Sangam in YSS Ashram in Ranchi. This is to provide the devotees with an opportunity to be part of the annual Sharad Sangam, on the holy grounds of YSS Ashram in Ranchi.
- When scheduled in other months (apart from October-November), the itinerary will be slightly different than the one presented above. The travel cost will also differ. Sharad Sangam will not be a part of the itinerary because it is conducted only twice a year in the month of October/November.
- Accommodation in YSS Ashrams will be on sharing basis. The options of single occupancy and twin sharing are applicable for hotel accommodation only. Please note that YSS Ashrams do not charge any amount for accommodation and food, but one must consider donating to the ashrams so that they can meet the expenses incurred to accommodate devotees. Donation should be directly deposited at the reception of each ashram during the stay.
- Apart from places associated with the Kriya Gurus, we will also be visiting some of the places associated with other saints mentioned in the itinerary. It is our humble request to acquaint yourself about their lives by reading their life stories before embarking on this pilgrimage. This will help the mind to be receptive when we visit places associated with them.
- We request women travelers from the western countries to give thoughtful consideration to the fact that the dress culture is on the conservative side in this part of the world and thus dress accordingly to avoid unwanted attention.
- Taking into consideration the spiritual nature of the places on the itinerary, one may opt for loose-fitting clothes which are more conducive for meditation.
- November is the start time of winter season in many parts of India, so it is necessary to carry warm clothing. During the month of November, mercury is not expected to dip below 15 degree Celsius. From December to January, mercury can dip further and reach up to 10 degree Celsius and sometimes when there is cold waves, it may fall up to 5 degree Celsius.
- We strongly recommend you to carry air pollution mask, sunglasses, umbrella and cap.