Kolkata-Puri Pilgrimage (7 days and 6 nights)
Kolkata-Puri pilgrimage is a short duration pilgrimage of 7 days and 6 nights especially designed for those devotees who can afford only a week’s time for travel. There are many devotees who are interested in seeing the places associated with saints like Paramahansa Yogananda, Swami Vivekananda, Mother Teresa, to name a few, who had strong association with the cities of Kolkata and Puri. The itinerary of this pilgrimage is designed to fulfil the wishes of such devotees. Like the itinerary of all our pilgrimages, this itinerary is also prepared to allow ample time for meditation for the devotees. The pace of the itinerary remains engaging yet unhurried.
You will check-in at the hotel in Kolkata in the second-half of the day. After ample rest, there will be option of going out for shopping.
Day TwoDakshineswar Kali Temple
After breakfast, we will head for revered shrine of Dakshineswar Kali. This shrine has witnessed the divine lilas (play) of Goddess Kali with her beloved disciple Sri Ramakrishna. She would give darshan to Sri Ramakrishna and he would remain engrossed in talking to her for long. Many saints like Sri Totapuriji, Paramahansa Yogananda, Vivekananda, Mahendranath etc have visited this shrine and their presence has added to the spiritual vibration of the place.
We will then visit the house of poet and writer Sri Rabindranath Tagore. He had won Nobel Prize in literature in 1913 for his work called Gitanjali. His family mansion is tuned into a museum. Later in the day, after lunch and rest, we will proceed to visit the ashram of Sri Anandamayi Ma. After the visit, we will visit Belur Math which is the international headquarters of Ramakrishna Mission. It houses the shrine of Sri Ramakrishna and his consort Sri Sarada Devi. There are Samadhi Shrines of Swami Vivekananda and other monastic disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. Located on the banks of holy river Ganges, this place is ideal for meditation and contemplation. Overnight stay will be at the hotel.
We will head for Serampore where we will visit places associated with Mahavatar Babaji, Swami Sri Yukteswarji and Sri Paramahansa Yoganandaji. Yoganandaji had lived at his uncle’s place in Serampore while pursuing his bachelor’s degree. His uncle’s house is now turned into YSS Center where regular meditation takes place.
Ashram grounds of Sri Yukteswar now have a temple where one can sit and meditate to feel the divine vibrations of Yukteswarji (Incarnation of Wisdom). We will then visit Roy Ghat where Sri Mahavatar Babaji had appeared under a banyan tree to give darshan to Sri Yukteswarji. The visit will culminate with a view of Serampore University where Paramahansa Yogananda and Swami Sri Yukteswar had studied.
Later in the day, we will visit Nagendra Math and childhood residence of Yoganandaji. Nagendra Math used to be the residence of Nagendranath Bhaduri (The Levitating Saint). The residence of Yoganandaji is inhabited by the relatives of his younger brother, who are extremely humble and loving. It is the same house from where Yoganandaji had attempted to flee to the Himalayas. The small meditation room where he would spend hours in meditation is one of the most vibrant places one can ever visit. His bed room was blessed by the divine presence of Sri Mahavatar Babaji. Overnight stay will be at the hotel.
We will visit Mother’s House which houses the tomb of Mother Teresa. We will also visit the room where Mother Teresa had lived for most of her years in Kolkata. Later in the day, we will proceed to Bhubaneswar. Overnight stay will be at the hotel in Bhubaneswar.
After breakfast, we will visit the ancient temple of Lord Shiva which is called Lingaraj Temple. We will then head to Puri by road and visit Lord Jagannath Temple dedicated to Lord Sri Krishna, his elder brother Sri Balarama and his sister Sri Subhadra. The temple dates back to hundreds of years and has been renovated by many kings over the years. Later in the day, we will spend time on the beach. Overnight stay will be at the beachside hotel.
The first visit of the day will be to Karar Ashram of Swami Sri Yukteswar. The ashram finds its mention in the famous book written by Yoganandaji – The Autobiography of a Yogi. The ashram houses the Samadhi Shrine of Yukteswarji. We will then visit Gaura Gambhira and Siddha Bakul Math. These two places are associated with the lives of medieval Saint Lord Chaitanya and his disciple, Saint Haridas Thakur.
Later in the day, we will head for Konark where we will visit the majestic Sun Temple. The temple is no longer a place of worship, but is thronged by visitors from all over the world to see its beautiful and intricate architecture. We will then head back to Puri for overnight stay.
After breakfast, we will visit Advaita Brahma Ashram which is also known as Girnari Bant. This ashram was the dwelling place of Sri Totapuriji Maharaj who was the guru of Sri Ramakrishna. Totapuriji was believed to be over 300 years of age, when he shed his mortal coil. The ashram is located in a remote village, far from the hustle and bustle of the tourists. It houses the Samadhi Shrine of Totapuriji.
You will then get some time for shopping to buy souvenirs, gifts and articles for personal use. We will then proceed to Bhubaneswar Airport by road, from where you can fly to your desired destination.
For a group of two persons:
- The travel cost per person on a twin sharing basis is Rs 56,200.
- The travel cost per person on a single occupancy basis is Rs 71,500.
For a group of four persons:
- The travel cost per person on a twin sharing basis is Rs 41,000.
- The travel cost per person on a single occupancy basis is Rs 56,300.
For a group of eight persons:
- The travel cost per person on a twin sharing basis is Rs 32,415.
- The travel cost per person on a single occupancy basis is Rs 48,348.
To know the pilgrimage cost in your national currency, visit the website:
- Cost of transport in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Cost of accommodation at a standard three-star hotel with complimentary breakfast.
- English speaking tour leader and/or tour guide charges.
- Entrance fee for Tagore House in Kolkata and Sun Temple in Konark.
- Service Tax
- Cost of lunch and any meal/ snacks/ drinks ordered at the hotel/restaurants apart from those mentioned in the inclusions.
- Expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Anything apart from those mentioned in the inclusions.
For children up to 6 years of age, child fare is applicable.
For booking procedure or any other query, you can contact us on email@example.com or call us on +91-95007 68635.
On demand, we can organize this pilgrimage at any time of the year.
- The devotees of YSS/SRF who would like to stay at YSS Ashram in Dakshineswar, need to inform us in advance. The pilgrimage cost will then be reduced for them.
- On request, it is possible to customize the tour itinerary. In those cases, the travel cost will differ.
- One may visit Kolkata and Puri at any time of the year. During the summer months (from April to June), temperatures soar to a high in the thirties, so those who would want to avoid summer months, may visit anytime from September to March when the climate is more agreeable. December to February are the winter months, so all those visiting during this period, should carry warm clothing with them.
- We request women travellers from the western countries to give thoughtful consideration to the fact that the dress culture is on the conservative side in this part of the world and thus dress accordingly to avoid unwanted attention.
- Umbrellas and caps are always a must when visiting India and one should not forget to carry the cushion for meditation and Yoga mat with them.